"> CULTURAL EXCHANGE ARTIST ENTERTAINER VISA - ITEN Travels and Migrations Limited | United States of America


A P2 visa is a temporary work visa for artists and entertainers who wish to participate in a government approved reciprocal exchange program in the US.

P2 Visa Requirements

To qualify for a P2 visa, the applicant must be an artist or entertainer, either individually or as part of a group who has been accepted or invited to participate in a reciprocal exchange program between an organization in the US and an organization in another country. The artist or entertainer must possess skills comparable to those of the US artists and entertainers participating in the program abroad.

In addition, the applicant must have a US employer, organization or agent to sponsor their participation in the exchange program in the US.

P2 visa applicants may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements.

P2 Visa Entitlements

A P2 visa entitles the holder to participate in an exchange program in the US. A P2 visa is usually granted for the duration of their program and extensions may be granted. Artists and entertainers with a P2 visa are permitted dual intent, meaning the applicant can maintain P2 visa status while applying for a Green Card to remain in the US permanently.

Essential support personnel wishing to accompany P2 visa applicants may be eligible to apply for a P2 visa if their skills and experience are essential to the principal applicant’s performance.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (P4 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the US. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the United States but are not entitled to undertake any employment without obtaining an appropriate work visa.