"> INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED ATHLETE ENTERTAINER VISA - ITEN Travels and Migrations Limited | United States of America


A P1 visa is a temporary work visa for internationally recognized athletes and entertainers to perform at an event in the US.

P1 Visa Requirements

To qualify for a P1 visa, the applicant must be internationally recognized and destined to enter the United States to compete or perform at a specific event.

An internationally recognized athlete or entertainer must have significant international recognition either as an individual or as part of a team/group. This must be evidenced by skill and recognition above that ordinarily encountered and the person or group must be recognized in more than one country for a sustained period of time.

In addition, the applicant must have a US employer or agent to sponsor their trip to the United States.

P1 visa applicants may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements.

P1 Visa Entitlements

A P1 visa entitles the holder to participate in an event in the US. A P1 visa is usually granted to entertainers for the duration of their specific event only and will not exceed 1 year. However, individual athletes may be admitted for up to 5 years and a team athlete for up to 1 year and extensions may be granted. Internationally recognized athletes and entertainers with a P1 visa are permitted dual intent, meaning the applicant can maintain P1 visa status while applying for a Green Card to remain in the US permanently.

Essential support personnel wishing to accompany P1 visa applicants may be eligible to apply for a P1 visa if their skills and experience are essential to the principal applicant’s performance.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (P4 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the US. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the United States but are not entitled to undertake any employment without obtaining an appropriate work visa