"> I VISA FOR FOREIGN MEDIA REPRESENTATIVES - ITEN Travels and Migrations Limited | United States of America


An I visa is a temporary work visa for representatives of the foreign press, radio, film and other foreign information media to work in the US. Journalists, reporters and film production workers who apply for an I visa must be coming to the US solely to engage in their vocation and the result of their work must primarily be to benefit the audience of their home country.

I Visa Requirements

To qualify for an I visa, the applicant must be a representative of the foreign media, freelance journalist or contracted by a media organization travelling to the US solely to work in their profession. An I visa applicant must usually be coming to the US to gather and/or report on information or news for a media organization that has its home office in a foreign country.

I visa applicants may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements.

I Visa Entitlements

An I visa entitles the holder to work in the US temporarily. An I visa is usually granted for the duration of the applicant’s job status, meaning, so long as the applicant is performing their job duties, the applicant may remain in the US.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may also apply for an I visa to join their spouse or parent in the US. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the United States but are not entitled to undertake any employment without obtaining an appropriate work visa.