"> J1 Visa for Physicians - ITEN Travels and Migrations Limited | United States of America


A J1 visa is a temporary exchange visa for physicians that have been accepted to undertake medical education or training at an accredited medical school, hospital or scientific institution in the US.

J1 Visa Requirements for Physicians

To qualify for a J1 visa as a physician, the applicant must be accepted to participate in a medical education program sponsored by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates. Applicants must have adequate prior education and training to complete the program, have proficient English language skills and have passed the applicable medical academic examination.

J1 Visa Entitlements for Physicians

A J1 visa entitles the holder to participate in a medical education or training program in the US. A J1 visa for physicians is usually granted for the duration of the approved program to a maximum of 7 years.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (J2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the US. Accompanying spouses and children are entitled to study in the US and may undertake employment with an approved employment authorization