"> J-1 VISA FOR CAMP COUNSELOR - ITEN Travels and Migrations Limited | United States of America


A J1 visa for Camp Counselors is a temporary exchange visitor visa that allows post-secondary students and youth workers to participate in a youth summer camp program in the US.

J1 Visa Requirements for Camp Counselors

To qualify for a J1 visa as a camp counselor in the US, the applicant must be accepted to participate in a certified camp counselor exchange program in the US.

To participate in a camp counselor program, the applicant must be at least 18 years old, proficient in English and be a post-secondary student, youth worker, teacher or qualified with specialized skills.

J1 visa applicants may also be required to meet certain health and character requirements.

J1 Visa Entitlements for Camp Counselors

A J1 visa entitles the holder to participate in a Camp Counselor program in the US. A J1 visa is usually granted for up to 4 months and extensions may be granted provided the camp counselor continues to participate in the program established by their sponsoring organization.